Friday, September 5, 2008

As my first three weeks here at Georgia Southern come to a close I feel the need to reflect on my experiences and my expectations. I must admit that college life is not exactly what I expected.
Before attending my first class, I expected an uptight old professor with gray hair standing in front of a class of one hundred students lecturing for hours upon hours. To my pleasant surprise this was not the case at all. My classes for the most part are all laid back as well as my professors. Most of my classes are filled with discussion among students as well as professors. Almost everyone at Georgia Southern goes out of his or her way to make your college experience the best it can be.
I also slightly underestimated the work load of college level courses. Throughout high school I did not have to put forth much effort to be successful in all my classes. This is not the case here at Georgia Southern. All of my classes require some type of homework and out of class reading. This has been quite an adjustment from high school, but I know I will be just fine.
The only expectation that proved to be correct was how much fun college would be. I have discovered that no matter what the time or date there is always something fun to do in Statesboro. Since arriving three weeks ago I have attended concerts, parties, and spent plenty of time I at the RAC.
So far college has been fun but challenging, and I look forward to seeing where my college adventure will take me.

No comments: