Friday, October 10, 2008

R.I.P.

Death is a strange thing to attempt to deal with or to understand. In the past week three people I know have passed away: my Humanities teacher from a long battle with cancer, a childhood friend’s father from a heart attack, and some kid I vaguely knew from high school from drunk driving.
It is quite difficult to sort out how I feel about these untimely deaths, so one could imagine that it is nearly impossible to put these feelings on paper. It is not terrible grief that I am experiencing because in all honesty I was not extremely close to anyone of these individuals. It is more of a fear, not fear of my own death for quiet frankly I am not all that afraid to die. It is the fear that at any moment the ones I care for the most could be plucked from this Earth and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

No comments: